Thursday, December 3, 2009

You Know That ‘Something’?

That I wrote about yesterday? That thing I was sort of kind of freaking out about and dedicated a whole paragraph to??

 

Well, um, this is what it was about:

 

preg

 

Yeah, IM PREGNANT!!! *faint*

 

*deep breath* Okay, I’m back. I still am in total unbelieving shock. But it doesn’t get too much more real at this point. I took myself off to the OBGYN first thing this morning to take a test there and guess what? The nurse came in smiling and said CONGRATULATIONS! *faint*

 

Okay, back again. Phew, I am not breathing right! All last night I was in turmoil.

 

Lets back up. So the month of October was my last period. In November I was supposed to start on the 22 or 23. I didn’t really think about that at the time because I don’t keep track of it that well. But after I got to Wednesday of this week and still there was not hide nor hair of it, I started thinking hmmm…actually it was Tuesday night that I suddenly said to Lee after we got in bed that I should have had it already. He was like “what are you trying to say?” and I said “I’m trying not to say ANYTHING” lol!

 

So Wednesday I went to walgreens before work and bought a pack of two pregnancy tests. Side note: Those freakin things are EXPENSIVE! A pack of 2 of the name brand are TWENTY DOLLARS. I got these for $10 because they were off brand.

 

Anywho, I didn’t take the test till late that night. I had to work and then I had choir practice. So I went in the bedroom and got in my pjs then grabbed a plastic cup out of the kitchen, lol, and snuck it by Lee who was watching tv. I did my thing and stuck the test in there, put the cap back on and I went away! I didn’t want to watch it. So 5 minutes later I came back and I was like, okay, here we go. I was afraid to look at it! I was sure it was going to be negative. And I was kind of wanting the other…and kind of not!

 

Well I finally worked up the nerve to look and then I had to do a double and triple take because it was POSITIVE!! I grabbed it and took off down the hall going "uh, LEE” he looked up from eating dinner and said “what??” in a voice like, uh oh, lol!

 

So after I showed him at first he said “are you kidding me?” And I was like UH NO I can’t fake that! Then he hugged me and I was about crying and we were like OH MAN! And then I kept going I can’t be pregnant, I can’t be pregnant! Lee was so sweet just holding me and saying nice things. Then I was like I need to talk to your mom!

 

So we called over there, it was like 10:30, thankfully they were still awake, and we drove over and I got her to talk to me in private. She was like is something wrong? I think I scared her! So after we got in the room I showed her the positive test and she said “are you pregnant??” and I was like I think so, I don’t know! And then I just LOST IT! I was crying and laughing and mostly just freaking out. Thinking of all the bad things that cold happen, how we have no insurance, etc. Thinking this can’t be happening!

 

So anyway she hugged me and sat down on the bed with me and we talked for a long time and she got me calmed down. Then Lee came in and we talked some more and it was just fun. We went back in the living room after about an hour and Lees dad was just pleased as punch you could tell! He has been wanting a grandchild for a while! We chatted a bit more and then went home.

 

It took me FOREVER to fall asleep! I bet I didn’t sleep till 1:00. Then I woke up at 2 to go to the bathroom and then couldn’t go back to sleep again until nearly 4! Then I was up with Lee at 6:30. So I’m going to be tired! I just couldn’t shut my mind off! I had to get Lee to distract me and tell me about work that day etc Then I started counting sheep/horses then just counting my breaths, ugh. It was torture! I just kept wishing it was tomorrow and  I knew if I was pregnant or not!

 

Well tomorrow it is and I am apparently!! My stomach has been ucky all morning. Not throwing up but you know…not fun! I think its just a combination of my taco bell dinner, lol, and nerves. I have got to calm down! I called a good friend of mine from college on the way to work and we both had a huge freak out on the phone together. She is pregnant as well! Due in February. She was so excited. Its going to be nice to have her to talk to about things since she has been through it recently and is my age and my friend. Unlike the moms, etc.

 

I called Lees mom on the way home first. She knew I was going in that morning. She was super excited too and kept telling me how I was going to be great and wonderful and everything would be great. She is going to be a lifesaver. Shes so sweet, but also will tell you like it is. She is def going to be in the delivery room with me! I will need her to whip the drs and nurses around and get me what I need/want! She gets the job done now!

 

Did I just say delivery room?? *double faint*

 

So thats all the drama for now! I will keep this updated! I want to record everything that goes on so I don’t forget it.

 

Tata!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh I'm so excited! This is going to be like a pregnancy blog! Sounds like your MIL is going to be a huge help. That's great! I'm so happy for you! Can't wait to read more!

Britnie - Riding During Naps said...

Thanks girl! Yeah, this is def going to turn into mostly about the pregnancy I have a feeling, lol, glad I get to share it with you!

Post a Comment

 
;