Saturday, April 18, 2009

Headachey

Well you guessed it, at work again, but a little different because its Saturday, boooo. I hate working saturdays, I feel like I'm missing out on so much! Especially today. There is a car show a couple towns north and EVERYONE is there but me. Sniff. The boss told me about it awhile ago, so I knew it was coming, but I didn't know everyone was going. Lee even went. Sniff again. Oh, well, I guess theres no reason for him not to, he might as well have some fun, lol. My dad took his '69 GTO I think, and Chris and Jamie took their mustang, and the boss and husband (my uncle) took their Monte Carlo. I hope they have fun. But I also hope my work day goes fast too! Nobody has come in yet...not sure when I'm getting off. Whever she gets back from the show, which is who knows when. Prolly wont be any sooner then 3:00 and more like 4:00.

So enough whining. Look what we bought!! More stuff for our trip, hehe. Firsttt A TENT, its specifically for backpacking, small and light weight. We will be snug as bugs!

And yes, it is set up in our dining room, lol. I came home yesterday and found it there!! And its still there today, lol.

And next! My new backpack!!

Isn't it cute! Its a pretty light/soft green color. We went to Academy Sports and Outdoors last night (took us over an hour, it was way down in birmingham) and we found it, was only 39$! So I'm happy. I was sorta getting worried since its a week from today and it really would have been too late to order anything. I didn't win that other one on ebay, stupid suckers got into a bidding war with us at the last minute and they wanted to pay more for it then we did. Oh well. This is the back, duh, lol:


So now we are all set! Lee and I just need to decide if we are toting our blow up mattresses with us or buying pads for under our sleeping bags. I think we will just take the mattresses. Gonna be fun blowing them up tho, ugh. We have a foot pump but that will still take forever. We might just buy a battery powered one from kmart for 10 bucks. But that is also another possibly heavy thing to carry, gosh. This bag could have been a tad bigger, I'm having a rough time with my sleeping bag. I tried tieing it on the outside underneath but it bangs into my legs when I walk and looks really goofy too. So I'm trying different things...with it stuffed in the bottom and then my blow up mattress up top, there is very little room for anything else. And I still have to get my change of clothes, mess kit, water, food and such in there. Ughhh.

So anyway, I guess thats all for now, not much else going on. Well, we are throwing a suprise birthday party for mom tomorrow. Its not till next Thurs but they are leaving on a trip to Arizona that day. They wanted to go before my dad gets tied down with his new mechanic shop he is opening next month. (which I will be helping him as secretary in! :) ) So we are going over there to do Easter since we had our play last week and didn't have time, so she will be suprised. Which reminds me, I've still got to color easter eggs, geez, annd figure out what to get mom. Well I just talked to the big bro and I think we're both just gonna give her 25$ to spend on clothes or whatever. Gotta get a card tho...and Jamie and I are supposed to decorate my grandmas tomorrow, we got some streamers last night, just need some balloooons. :)

Oh, almost forgot, we went to a neat place to eat last night, Shogun. Jamie and chris always talk about how much they love it so we put it into the GPS and it found on close for us, hehe. It was pretty neat, lots of tricks and fire from the chef, and the food was pretty good. I get to eat it for lunch today, there was a HUGE helping. I couldn't even eat a quarter.

Okay shutting up now.

1 comments:

Michelle said...

Ugh, I would have hate being stuck at work while being left behind. That's only ok when you need a good excuse to avoid doing something! hehe

Neat tent! Looks so funny inside your house.

Was your mom surprised? I've never been to a surprise party or have had one thrown for me. Sounds like fun though!

Shogun.. I think I've heard of that. What type of food did they make? Gotta love GPS!!

Post a Comment

 
;