Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Lots to Catch-Up On!

Helloooo, sorry its been so long between posts. Been a tad busy!

Gosh, I'm not even going to try and recap the whole last few days, lets just do the highlights.

Main BIG news is this! My bro and his wife and Lee and I are going to go BACKPACKING!! We are all sooo excited. We thought of this Sunday afternoon at lunch between play practice and church at the steakhouse. Lee and I have been talking about it for awhile, ever since I found out from a church friend there is a nice place NW of us that you can ride bikes/hike in. Well I started looking in to it and found out you can also hike in there and just find a campsite and camp! Cool, right?? I mean, that is REAL camping! I didn't know you could do that anywhere around here. Well, we mentioned it to my bro that day and he was like, when are we going?? Hahaha, so!

The date is is set at the 25th of this month. Leave out early that Sat morning and hike in, maybe find a camp pitch our tent etc, and go exploring. Then camp that night and come back Sunday. Although both Jamie and I are off that next Monday, haha, we couuullld stay another dayyy. But who knows, we might not enjoy it! I'm kinda worried about myself. I in general kinda like my creature comforts. And I HATE creatures, lol. Bugs, spiders, ACK. So you can be sure I am bringing tons of bug spray/repellant. I even saw these sticks you can put in the ground around the perimeter of your camp, that will keep em out! YESSS. ;-)

Anyway, we tent camped with Lees parents twice before, and I was not a big fan. We've also camped with Jamie and Chris in the pop up trailer, and I liked that MUCH better. Sooo, this is gonna be even farther to the left then just regular tent camping...and we will be doing lots of hiking...which Im not generally a fan of. Sssooo, why am I so excited? I'm probably going to hate it!!

But, the pros, its going to be fun getting all our bags packed, sleeping bags, tents, etc, and getting the food together, and driving out there and getting out in the pretty weather and nature. This place is supposed to be gorgeous. Like you can't go 100 feet without finding a waterfall or a creek or a river. So cool. There is supposed to be TONS of watefalls. I'm hoping we can find a really pretty spot near the water to camp. Shouldn't be tooo hard.

So we shall see!! My mom looked at us like we were crazy, lol. But thats mom.

So we've already spent nearly 100$ on this trip, geez. We bought me some hiking shoes, sleeping bag, and lee bought a little cooker thing for our food. And we got some mess kits sleeping bag for Lee from Dicks sporting goods the other night. And so now we are out of money for the week. Its gonna be a race to see whether our bank account is + or - by the time I get my check in there tomarrow (hopefully, shes been acting like she wants to start getting it to me Fri, not cool)

Gahh, I'm so sick of having a headache everrryyy dayyyy. I brought pain meds with me today too, well, I was GOING to and I had them all set out and of course forgot them at home. GEEZ. I'm such an idiot. I've got some PMS meds that has pain killer in it, but those mothers are horse pillssss. Might just need to get over it. Okay back, went and grabbed a coke and my ranch wrap from mcdonalds that got left here on Fri. Lee brought it for me for dinner before we went to the movies but I was more interested in my mcflurry lol. We went and watched 12 Rounds. It wasn't that great. I just have a strange liking for John Cena, so thats why I wanted to watch it, lol. (The Marine was better) I want to see Fast & Furious 4 next. Prolly would have seen that Fri if it wasn't opening night. The line to get into that theatre was nearly out the door, lol.

Soo, get off at 3 on Wed, ohh yeahhh. Think I'm gona go home and mow the grass a bit. Its nicer today. It froze yesterday and the day before in the morning. ITS APRIL!! But I think that was just the last hurrah, so we should be in the nice 70s for the next week or so.

We went walking on the high school track last night with the bro and sis n law. Gotta start getting in shape! I was happy with myself. I walked around with Jamie 3 times and then jogged the last. At the end of I ran at a pretty good clip and it was actually kinda fun! I can't wait till I get in better shape and can book it. Its much more fun then running mindlessly/endlessly on the treadmill. After that we went and played tennis for a bit. That was fun. I sucked to begin with but got a little better, lol. Then we went back to their house and plotted our trip a bit more, lol. Chris printed out a bunch of maps for us and got a GPS from his work. Then we headed home! We got in bed late the night before so we were both pretty tired, specially poor Lee Lee. I felt bad too cause I didn't wash his clothes...and forgot to make his lunch today too! What a sorry wife I am!! :(

Oh speaking of food, I had some pretty good cooking/baking triumphs last few days! I got this wild hair that I wanted to try to make homemade cinnamon rolls. See the husbands granny that lives in OK is like a legend with them things. They all cant stop talkin about how good they are after they get back. So I was like, hmmm, maybe I can find a good recipe. So I went to my fav food site (allrecipes.com) and looked through till I found a good sounding one. It was one that called for a bread maker, which was good, cause it does all the kneading and junk. So I gave them a try Sat night. They were doing good until I had to put filling on the dough and roll it up to cut it into individual ones. It got all soggy and mushy and stuff was coming out EVERYWHERE! So I just did what I could with it and stuck them in the 200 degree oven to rise again. Well then I cooked em and put the frosting on and wonder of wonders they came out great! Lee is very pleased with them, says they are better then Grannies, hehehe. I took some over to his mom and dads last night, hopefully they will say the same thing.

I also tried some clam chowder last night. It came out good, but not what I was wanting it to taste like. I wanted it to be like the ones from Red Lobster or Red Robin. But it wasnt...might try different one...it was still good though but VERY rich and like OH I JUST GAINED 10 LBS! Lol, I only ate half a bowl and felt so full. It was this one: Clam Chowder. And here is the cinnamon rolls.

So not a whole lot else going on. We have our Easter play this sat night, sun morning, and sun night. Yeah! We are practicing thurs, fri, and sat. Whew. Hope it all goes like we want and lots of people come to Christ. It should be pretty darn awesome. I can't wait to see Lee in his costume, hehe, he wasn't at the last dress rehersal. I think we are doing one tomarrow night though. Yeah!

So I guess I'll shut up now, only about 2 more hours of work yeahhh. Adios!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

That's great you guys found a close camping site! I've never camped before, I hate bugs too and I'm afraid they'll get me in my sleep. I'd definitely get those perimeter sticks! We're going on a trip that same day too! Our blogs will be interesting after that weekend! LOL
I agree, John Cena IS nice to watch. I didn't know he came out with a new movie. Maybe we'll be able to see it here. Nice job on the clam chowder and cinnamon rolls! What else have you baked from scratch? I need some ideas.
Hope the play went well!!

Britnie - Riding During Naps said...

I know! We are excited, and yeah, we were out last night wakling to the in laws and this huge black thing ran right into my arm! I was like AHHHHHHH!! And then Lee goes, and you want to go camping, lol. I think when night falls I am getting my butt into the tent and staying there!!!

Yeah, John Cena is like, yum. Whew, is it hot in here?? lol ;)

Thanks! The mother in law actually wants my recipe for the clam chowder, hehe, that is always nice to hear. Um, gosh, nothing else has really come out that great that I've done from scratch, lol.

Post a Comment

 
;